Pages

Popular Posts

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Protective style #1


Box Braids.
Simple, effective, and the big ones are not only safer for your hair but take less time! #impatientteenrighthere! 

I decided not to do the 3 week time limit on this and try a 6 week limit. I'm at my 5th week currently writing this post and I couldn't be anymore excited to get them off. 

They probably look medium size to you but they're kinda medium-big.(not huge or jumbo obviously) That picture was taken 5 weeks ago and this one is now. 
My new growth ends where I put my finger. You probably can't tell but I gained about 1/2 inch. My goal was 1 inch a month, but I'll take whatever I can get! If I used the castor oil everyday, I think I could've come closer to my goal. I only used it before wash days because it would make my scalp itch. Now that my scalp has apparently gotten used to it, I'm more free to use it every other day, but I still have to wash my braids once a week because it starts to itch. I don't really mind washing my braids like I wash my hair (once a week).

I like braids because it allows me to focus on my new growth and get it strong and growing. When I'm wearing my natural hair, I feel like I neglect my new growth and care more for my ends. 

While in box braids, I moisturize( with water and mix of castor oil in the spray bottle) then I seal (Proclaim Natural 7 Oils or something like that) It's the yellow bottle not green. It has Castor Oil as its second ingredient. But any oil especially coconut, olive, or castor can be great sealants. I apply oil to my scalp(castor on days before wash days and KeraCare Dry Itchy Scalp on other days. And castor oil is the third ingredient in that) I shampoo with my cheapy Vo5 Moisture Milks Shampoo and deep condition with Aussie 3 Minute.
*None of these products are my staples. When I'm in braids, I take advantage of finishing up products that I don't use during my natural days. It's not that they have never worked, but its probably that some other product worked better. Plus, all these products are cheap because I don't like to waste money when I'm on braids(what for?) If it gets the job done, it gets it done! 

Essie

No comments:

Post a Comment