Pages

Popular Posts

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Protective Style/Low Manipulation Challenge

If you're familiar with blackhairinformation.com (one of my favorite hair websites), you would know that they're currently doing a protective styling challenge. Inspired by many hairlistas on YouTube who've done similar challenges, I decided to join. It's all about length retention and right now being between shoulder and arm pit length, I need all the retention I can get! Growing hair isn't hard if you know what your hair likes and protective styling is something my hair loves! (if I moisturize right) 

Anyways I blab too much. Here's the point: I'll have a protective or low manipulation style for minimum 3 weeks and let the 4th week be freestyle. (But no heat!!) I'll use my staple products: 
Shampoo- Cream Of Nature Argan Oil Sulfate-Free Moisture and Shine Shampoo

Conditioner- Cream of Nature Argan Oil Intensifying Conditioner ; Cream Of Nature Moisture Extreme Conditioner; Suave Professionals Shea Butter and Almond Conditioner

Leave-ins- Cream Of Nature Argan Oil Moisture and Shine Leave-In ; Cream of Nature Perfect 7 (for those curls!)

Oils- Castor Oil(sealing, scalp for growth) ; Peppermint Oil (scalp messages) ; Coconut  oil (pre-poo, shine during weekdays)

Other- Honey (pre-poo mask)

Just trying to keep it simple. I didn't take a picture of my length before I started but I can tell you that my new growth is coming in pretty well with that castor oil!! (I've only been using it for a month and already see results!) So I'm expecting big or should I say long things with this challenge. If you haven't tried CON products, then you need to!! I also tried their sulfate shampoos and they work exceptionally well! That hair line does not disappoint. Try to find a shampoo and conditioner that not only add moisture but eventually overtime reduce breakage. If you can get your hair not to break in the shower, you are one step closer to length retention!

Essie

No comments:

Post a Comment